Monday, October 21, 2013

Blog 9 (story continued).



         As bad as it looks, as bad as it really is, with the drenched bus ticket and pathetic suitcase,  it’s not as if I had never been through something terrible before. I have. My whole life I had been walked on.  Used and abused, as it were.  So has everyone else in the world, really.  Everyone wants to find the source of the problem in their lives, something that it all leads back to. As if one could really pin point all the crap in some one’s life, all the mistakes, the bad decisions, and tell them with a confident voice that it all began when the mean kids called you names in first grade. Give me a break (7. Long sentence followed by short).  These people with college degrees and fancy houses and white picket fences are so unaware of the world around them it’s almost embarrassing (2.Simple Sentence with Compounded words).  Living in a blissful state of ignorance and reality TV, they never realize that right outside their neighborhood is a whole world beneath the cracked surface that hides in plain sight. 

          As my hat begins to drip the built up rain off its rim I lean back and close my eyes, remembering.  I was one of them, before that damn doctor appointment.   I even had the white picket fence and a family dog.  True, I was happy then, but I hadn’t yet seen the light, the clarity that is brighter than the sun (6. Then and than). So how did it all go down, I am sure you must be wondering. It’s simple really but to answer that you would have to ask yourself, really ask yourself that is, one thing – what is worth it all? (3. Dash for emphasis &  4. Rhetorical question)
 
         This isn’t a story about justification for actions, however, it’s about revenge (8. One sentence paragraph &  1. However).

No comments:

Post a Comment